Monday, December 23, 2013

My Christmas Gift

I'm staring at my Christmas Tree, my world is sound asleep,
all snug and warm and prayed the Lord their little souls to keep.
The colors change for my special eyes, now yellow, now green, now blue.
I sit quite still and realize there's still so much to do.

There are gifts to wrap and calls to make, must keep moving to ensure
important things are not missed (who should be keeping score?).
But I sit here staring at my Christmas Tree, it draws me close to see
the important things are found inside the hearts of family.

Family of blood, of friendship, of choice; family of bonds secure.
Family with whom I break my fast, family I can't ignore.
Those of you I only know through airwaves, electrons, light.
Those of you I'd stand beside, to love, to lift, to right.

While I stare at my Christmas Tree, with my world all sound asleep,
all snug and warm and prayed the Lord their little souls to keep,
I wish for you, my family, my friends, a Peace that never ends.
Merry Christmas with all my heart, and thank you... once again.

cd - 122313

No comments:

Post a Comment