Sunday, May 20, 2007

Rest, Travel and Indecision

I told you this thing would be sporadic. I tend to be about as consistent as the weather here; which, by the way, is driving me CRAZY. winter winter winter, summer, summer, summer, fall, winter, summer..... ugh. We're finally having some semblance of spring. Okay, I'm done with the weather.

So, I took a vacation recently. Interestingly enough, this coincided with my twenty-fifth wedding anniversary. Being the good husband, I asked her what she wanted for her anniversary. She wanted to see her family. All right. Since her family is basically in North Carolina (she see the ones she wants in Delaware whenever she wants to), I scheduled my vacation around our anniversary. Two weeks. Then, I gained more responsibilities at work, and my new boss haggled with my Better Half until I was down to 10 working days. ...All right... Then, it's decided we're also going to meet another family member after we go to North Carolina. ......All .. right...... Day 1 was the drive to between East and Central NC, just below the border. Day 2 was the drive to the middle of the State. Day 3 took us to West Virginia, just before the Ohio border. Day 4 was spent sightseeing and catching up. Day 5, back to the middle of NC. Day six was computer fix-it day (which was quite relaxing and enjoyable..... sue me). Day 7 back to the NC border. Day 8, the drive home. Day 9 was the actual anniversary (we slept). Day 10, back to work................................. I need a vacation.

I've officially become completely indecisive. My folks have offered to get me an iPhone (actually placed me on the list) in return for all the work I do to keep their computers running for their business. I want it. I really do. So I get this bout of guilt for costing them more money than I would spend on a phone, or an ipod. See, now it's closer to the release of the thing, and I know my name is somewhere around fifteenth on the list. I just can't help myself. I've waffled back to letting them get it. I'm not sure if that makes me a bad son, or just a very lucky one. The only thing that could make this suck is if I hate the phone. I don't think I will, but who knows, right? On the upside, there are a lot of people who want to see this thing once I get it. It's like coming home with a newborn and everyone wants to hold the baby. You really don't want to let them; yet, at the same time, it's kind of nice showing off what you've got.

Okay, I've lost it. I've just compared the iPhone to a newborn. Time to end this for the day. I'll try to be more sporadic in the future just to spare all two of you who actually read this thing.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm....I'm wondering...does it smell as good as a newborn????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dunno.... it's not released yet.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess you'll have to get it, sniff it and let me know. :P

    ReplyDelete